Saturday, May 28, 2011

New Student Orientation

I am officially a college freshman. :) All in coming freshman at U of M are required to go to New Student Orientation. (Known as NSO from here on out). Let me just give you the run down of this college first.
Day 1:
We arrived at school to check in for the two days we were staying there. I met up with one of my best friends and we walked in together.

I over packed..
 After checking in and being pointed in the right direction we went to our dorms. Unfortunately, this is not the dorm I will be staying in this fall. :(
Then it was time to start the day!

College Freshman!

Sadly, those are the only pictures from the first day. If I would have taken pictures it would have consisted of a whole bunch of people who just lectured about different things at the U of M. And also a WHOLE LOT of walking. When they said we would be doing a lot of walking they were NOT kidding. Being the unprepared college freshman I am, I wore flip flops. One of the biggest mistakes of my life!!!
     On day one some of us had advising appointments. I was one of those lucky people. My academic advisor was great. She knew exactly what she was doing and helped me pick my classes. She also went a step ahead and registered me so I could skip all the hecticness on day two.
     After dinner, we were able to go to the rec center on campus and hang out...It wasn't all that great, but oh well.
     Day one ended with me collapsing in bed around midnight.

Day two:
     Day two began with a wonderful breakfast. The Tiger Den has milk! I was excited about the milk, not the coffee. :)
     After that was more and more lecturing. I think this picture explains how we all felt.
One of my other friends fell asleep during a lecture. I'm sure she wasn't the only one. I was too busy trying to spell Kleenex to fall asleep, or listen for that matter.
     After lectures it was time to register and have student i.d's made! My picture didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would.
     Then my mom and I went to lunch in the UC. As we were walking to our table we spotted Josh Pastner, head basketball coach for the Tigers, eating lunch. MGB's mom went and got his autograph and of course we all giggled like school girls.
After lunch it was finally time to leave, but we had to take one last picture.

In the words of little orphan Annie, "I think I'm gonna like it here." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment