Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Thankful for My Handful of Weeds

     Lately, my little brother has taken it upon himself to decapitate or pick every Dandelion in the back yard. If the Dandelion is the white, fluffy, seed one, he decapitates it, simply leaving the stem standing alone. For the yellow weed, he picks them and brings them to either me or my mom. Today, I finally caught him in action. 
     Today, he brought me two "flowers".  
His helmet makes this picture even cuter.

(Ignore my bad hair day and uh bad face day...)
     He then proceeded to return outside to play. He would play for a while, then decapitate some more "flowers". He finally found some yellow ones that he had not picked yet. At first he decided to leave them, but then said, "Oh, what the heck. I pick these for Nannah."

     I then ended up with a total of five little "flowers" from him that were covered in tiny little ants...Oh well, as Sherri Easter's song says, "I've never seen flowers more beautiful than these".

No comments:

Post a Comment