Monday, June 27, 2011

Three Years of Fireworks

     Every year, for the 4th of July, a local church hosts a HUGE firework show with music from Christian artists. For the past three years I've gone with my bestfriend/boyfriend, Bake. I realized this has become a regular event that we attend and that I have pictures from the previous years. Looking at the pictures made me think back and compare each year.
     The first year, 2009, makes me laugh. We looked like little kids. It probably didn't help that we were dropped off and picked up. We spent money on over priced BBQ nachos that we mainly picked at. We sat with one of my friends for a long time and listened to Big Daddy Weave.  I probably ignored Bake for the most part...  It was awkward and he agrees with me. :)

~2009~

     The second year, 2010, I remember more. We were still dropped off and picked up since my mom wouldn't let me drive. It wasn't awkward this time. We walked around most of the night trying to see if we knew anyone. Bake made me mad because he started counting people he knew, or at least knew of. He got up to at least 20 something if not higher, when I don't think I even had 10... We listened to Mandisa sing, and watched the lady behind us dance. Before the fire works we got a funnel cake... I ate WAY too much of it and I couldn't enjoy the fireworks because if I moved, I would have thrown up. I don't think I can eat a funnel cake ever again.

~2010~
     The third year, was the best in my opinion. We were not dropped off or picked up this year. :) Bake made and packed turkey wraps so we wouldn't have to buy anything. He's smart and a good chef. We didn't count how many people we knew and we only walked around twice. The rest of the time we sat on the blanket and talked, ate, people watched and listened to Newsong. (Random: Newsong was the musical guest this year and I told people the Newsboys were going to be there. I didn't realize it wasn't them until Bake said he liked Newsong. When I told him, he laughed at me.) We were smart and stayed away from the  funnel cakes. And of course we watched the fireworks. 
~2011~
     I'm glad to see how much we've grown up, not just physically, but mentally and spiritually as well. I'm glad it's no longer awkward. But most of all I'm glad that he's my best friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment