Saturday, June 11, 2011

Louisiana Day 2

     On the second day of Louisiana my true love gave to me.... jk jk. Dad went and took his test. I'm still not sure if he passed or not... I should probably ask.Anywho! While he was gone the rest of us entertained ourselves with the mirror. This is one of our favorite pastimes and I'm not even kidding.  First it was Mom's turn.
 Then Sissa's
 Then mine. (I was riding a bike)
 And when Dad got back, he quickly joined in.
     After we were all aching from laughing so hard it was time to hit the road. New Orleans bound! On the way we drove around LSU's campus. It was really big, but nice. We ate at Rasin' Cain's for lunch right outside of campus. This little restaurant had furry tiger print booths... It grossed me out cause they were furry. Then it was time to get going. This is the only picture I have of us traveling.
     To get to New Orleans, you have to cross Lake Pontchartrain Bridge, which is just a little bit longer than it's name. It's so long that you can't even get a picture of the whole thing.
     After more traveling we finally made it! As we pulled into New Orleans I asked Sissa the following question. "Do you remember Hurricane Katrina?" Her response was, "Psh. No. I wasn't even born yet. *insert eye roll here*" I then said, "Uh yes you were. It was in 2005." I then had to tell her the story of how devastating it was. I hope I told it correctly....   After driving around and parking we began our adventure.

Yeah... We don't look like tourists at all...
     We wondered around for a while and stumbled upon this building. I don't think it is a castle, but it reminded me of one. I tried to look it up, but I was afraid to research it too much because you never know what will show up when you research things in New Orleans.

     Once this picture was taken my camera began to die... It never fails. So from here on out the picture taking became less.
     Our next stop was Cafe de Monde. Click here for a short history of Cafe de Monde. We each ordered a plate of beignets and stuffed ourselves.
Buddy LOVED the powered sugar and had a field day with it.

Can you say sugar coma?

     To walk off all that sugar we took a walk by the river. It was extremely windy and Buddy would not get out of my picture, but he's so cute I decided to post it anyway.
     Next, we decided to ride the trolley... I don't know how many city blocks we walked to get to that stinkin thing. We went up and down streets and even saw a drug deal. Yippee! I did get a picture of one of the streets though.
     So we FINALLY made it to the trolley and had to pay $6.25 for all of us to ride. We rode through the Garden District, which to our surprise was not a garden after all. Instead it was houses...

     We all thought it would take us in one big loop. Imagine our surprise when it stops and the driver tells everyone to get off and get on the one in front of us. We did and payed the $6.25 again. (Rip off). This trolley proceeded to take us right back the way we came.... (I was not too thrilled). When we got off, we had to walk back to our car which seemed like a million miles with tons of traffic and people. By this point I was too tired to take any pictures with my dying camera.
     We made it back to Baton Rouge in time for dinner and ate at 5 Guys. It was alot better than the trolley ride. At the hotel we went swimming to unwind. Back in our rooms as we were getting ready to leave the next morning Mom said, " Don't you wish we could take this hotel home with us?" I'm not sure why she wanted to but to each their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment