Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beach Blast 2011

     This is one of those sad lasts that is hard for me to write about. Sometimes it's not that I'm sad, but more of I don't know what to say. This one may be both. We'll find out.
     On the first day of Beach Blast we had to be at the church at 5am. If you know me at all, you know that I'm never up before the sun. I am not a morning person at all. However, I make an exception for Beach Blast each year.
     We travelled pretty much all day. We made good timing in getting there though. We had enough time to swim before we went to dinner. I think I did, but I"m not sure. Dinner was good as always. Then it was time for worship. Our camp pastor did an amazing job as usual.
     After worship we had Late Night. For the first Late Night we took a swim test just to make sure everyone could swim. I passed. :)
     After free time it was time for bed. Another thing you should know about me is that I don't like sleeping away from home. I'm getting alot better about it though. And also, I don't like storms. Well you guessed it, it stormed that night right as we were going to bed. I figured I would be up all night.
   
      Day 2: At breakfast, I learned that it stormed pretty hard last night. I did not know that since I was sleeping like a rock. :)
     After breakfast was morning celebration. I think we played a game. Still not sure since I'm not a morning person.
     Next, was Family Group, which is just Bible Study. This year a focus was on Judas, the man who betrayed Christ. This Bible study brought him into a whole new light for me since I had never really thought about him before.
     Lunch was after Bible Study. (I'm sure you're enjoying reading my day's play by play).
     For rec was crab soccer. I did play, but to be honest I didn't try very hard. (Sorry team). I think we went swimming after rec. OH! I have pictures from that day!



Ignore my squinty eyes
     After rec we had free time, which I spent playing Hacky-Sac for the first time. I'm not very good, but it was fun. It stormed again during the day. Then the usual dinner, worship, late night and free time, then bed.

     Day 3:  June 8th, Happy Birthday Sissa!! My little sister turned 10 while I was away. This has happened for the past 3 years I believe. She's use to it.
     Normal day. Breakfast, celebration, family group, lunch.
     For rec we had to build a biblical sand structure. My team decided to build the Ark of the Covenant and the dead man. For the full story check out 2 Samuel 6:1-15.
     For free time I sat on the beach with some friends. It stormed again that day. Dinner, worship, late night all went as planned. What was different was when I talked on the phone to my mom that night. She informed me that Pa (mentioned in another blog) proposed to his girlfriend. It's bittersweet, but he's happy. :)

    Day 4: This day was different than the rest. We had breakfast, celebration, bible study and lunch. Then we went to the water park. We stayed there until time for dinner. After dinner, we had worship on the beach. That is probably my favorite part of the whole week. It always starts out the same way, a group picture, then pictures with friends.

We'll call him Bake. :)

And this is Hal

Worship, however, started off with something we've never done at Beach Blast before, a baptism in the ocean. We recorded it and played it at church the next Sunday night. Here are a few of the many pictures I took.


I couldn't have thought of a better way to start our worship service. Worship was wonderful, just as it had been all week.
     Day 5: Pretty much all that I can say for that day is we came home. I like the beach and all, but I like my bed and shower better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment