Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankfulness

For the month of November I thought I would keep a list of things God has blessed me with and I'm thankful for in a cute little notebook. Besides things I'm thankful for, I also wrote some Bible verses that deal with thankfulness, praise and things God is teaching me in my life.  So today, since I'm bored out of my gourd, I thought I'd post all of them on here with some pictures from this month.  I will post them by each day of the month that I wrote. Some days, I only listed one thing, other days I filled up the whole page.  I pray that as you read through these you will think of all your blessings and thank God for them. Oh! Happy Thanksgiving!!

  • I'm thankful for college so I can have an education.
  • I'm thankful for friends who love and support me.

  •   I'm thankful for the BCM
  •  I'm thankful we can worship without persecution.
  •  I'm thankful my mom chose life.
  •  I'm thankful for the many women who have taught me and supported me. 
  • I'm thankful for God's perfect holy word and forgiveness.

Psalm 32:1
"How blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sin is covered!"

  • I'm thankful for the strength and courage God gives.
  • I'm thankful for church leaders who love and care for their members.
  • I'm thankful for the sweet children who attend the school I tutor at and how they are excited to see me and tell me their stories with such excitement.
  • I'm thankful for the fall leaves and how beautiful it looks as you drive down the highway.
  • I'm thankful for God's peace.
  • I'm thankful for my mom and how I can tell her everything.
  • I'm thankful for God's word.

Psalm 40:1-3
"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and trust in the Lord."
  • I'm thankful for our pastor.
  • I'm thankful for David (my step dad). I don't know what I would do without him.
  • I'm thankful for my sister and how we are becoming friends instead of sisters.


  • I'm thankful for my little brother and what a blessing he is to me.
  • I'm thankful I was able to be sick at home instead of the dorm.
  • I'm thankful for cool pens that make writing fun.
  • I'm thankful for Netflix so I have something to do while I'm sick.
  • I'm thankful for Hal and KP who have checked on me to make sure I was OK.
Psalm 65:4
"How blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to You to dwell in your courts. We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple."
  • I'm thankful for my little brother who holds my hand at night.
  • I'm thankful for books.
  • I'm thankful for my mommy.
  • I'm thankful that God is sovereign and in control of all things.
  • I'm thankful once again for Hal &KP.
  • I'm thankful for my awesome Henna tattoo that helps me share the Gospel.
  • I'm thankful for my rain boots.
  • I'm thankful for how God knows what is best for my life.
  • I'm thankful for Bake.
  • I'm thankful for sleeping in, even though it means I miss a class.
  • I'm thankful I can "study" with Mary Grace.
  • I'm thankful for the smell of coffee.
  • I'm thankful for getting out of class early.
  • I'm thankful for God's amazing grace and strength.

My birthday cake

Psalm 66:16 and 20
"Come and hear, all who fear God, and I will tell of what he has done for my soul."
"Blessed be God, who has not turned away my prayer nor His lovingkindness from me."
  • I'm thankful for God's hope and peace He gives me.
  • I'm thankful I'm redeemed through God's grace.
  • I'm thankful God gives second chances and doesn't kill us right when we sin.
  • I'm thankful for the good day I had tutoring.
  •  
Psalm 67:1
"God be gracious to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us."
  • I'm thankful for Heaven and Jesus' return. How glorious it will be!
  • I'm thankful for Granny and how wonderful she was.
  • I'm thankful for all the things God has taught me this past year.
  • I'm thankful for my super comfy bed.
  • I'm thankful for razors so it's not "No-Shave November" all the time. ;)
  • I'm thankful for my new huge desk.

  • I'm thankful for another year.
  • I'm thankful for God's super natural courage he gives to me.
  • I'm thankful for answered prayers.
  • I'm thankful for my wonderful church family.
  • I'm thankful for my many friends that love me.
  • I'm thankful for the youth minister and his wife and how much they have invested and impacted my life.
  • I'm thankful for prayer.
  • I'm thankful for dancing and laughter.
  • I'm thankful for all the adorable things my little brother says.

  • I'm thankful for David and how he loves me.
  • I'm thankful that he helped me with math today.
  • I'm thankful friendships can happen even if it's not the way you want it to be.
  • I'm thankful that there are only two days of school this week.
  • I'm thankful that I have so much to be thankful for!
Psalm 92:1
"It is good to give thanks to the Lord and to sing praises to Your name, O Lord High."
  • I'm thankful that I have friends in my art class so I don't loose my mind.
  • I'm super thankful that I was able to get the classes I wanted for next semester on the days and times I wanted. That was truly from God.
  • I'm thankful for rain boots, umbrellas and my U of M sweatshirt, especially when they're together.
  • I'm thankful for International Students.
  • I'm thankful for the Gospel and how it changes peoples lives.
  • I'm thankful for breaks from school.
  • I'm thankful for rest, showers and beds.
  • I'm thankful for my sock monkey footy pajamas.


Psalm 118:24
"This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
  • I'm thankful for the faces around the dinner table today.

Thank you Lord for everything You have done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment