Thursday, September 8, 2011

Frazzled College Student

     I know I haven't blogged in a while, but my world has changed. I've been in college for two weeks now so blogging is not on my to do list right now. However, something happened today that I just had to blog about. Sorry, there will be no pictures for this blog since I don't carry around my camera around with me like I use to.
     Anyway, two friends and I decided to go to our BCM's (Baptist Collegiate Ministry) worship service tonight. We planned on meeting in their dorm lobby at 7:45pm to head over there to be there a little before 8pm. I had been working on homework before getting ready. Once I finished one task I realized I needed to get ready to go. Once I was ready to go I fiddled around killing time. I decided to leave for their dorm a tad early and just walk slow. So I did that.
     I reached their dorm, texted them and said,"I'm here." She replied saying,"Come to the UC." Now, the UC is a good walk from the dorms, heading away from where we needed to go, the BCM. I start walking over there mumbling under my breath the whole time about how "I can't believe I have to walk all the way over there. Now we're going to be late! Great! Why does she even want me to walk over there?!"
     Once I meet up with them, I see that they have just started eating dinner. Again, in my mind I'm complaining. I sit down, out of breath, and act calm. I think I then said something about what are we doing here. They then informed me that it was only 6:45. I was a stinkin hour early!!
     Now you may think this is funny, like my friends did,  but I find it to be sad. Why you may ask? Because I did the same thing yesterday! I had to be at class at 5:30, so to be a little early, I put on my shoes, grabbed my backpack and looked at the clock. It was only 4:30... I just laughed at myself and put everything down and started studying again.
     I think this has happened because I'm afraid of being late to class. I once heard someone say something like this,"If you're late, don't even bother coming. If you're on time, you're late. If you're early, you're on time." I hope this "being on time (hour early) thing" won't be a continual occurrence in my college life...
     Anyway, I hope this made you laugh as it did me. I'll let you know if it happens again. :)

1 comment:

  1. It definitely made me laugh! Better an hour early than an hour late. You'll get into the swing of things in no time, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete